Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine helps to ;
- Reduce stress hormones that interfere with ovulation
- Normalize hormones that regulate ovulation so an egg is released
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, improving the chances of a fertilized egg implanting
- Improve ovulation cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which makes getting pregnant difficult
- Improve pregnancy rates in women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination(IUI)
- Lower FSH level by improving ovarian condition
- Increase sperm counts and motility
- Also treat PMS, Endometriosis, Menopausal symptoms, Pelvic Inflammatory disease, Certain causes of miscarriage, Increase Libido,
Many women ultimately consider in vitro fertilization in their attempts to start a family. Recently Chinese medical specialists have been able to demonstrate that the chances of having a successful and healthy pregnancy can be maximized by combining Western medicine and Chinese medicine.
For those who decide on the route of Artificial Reproductive Techniques (ART ) such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), our treatments can improve the outcome.
Emperor’s Acupuncture Clinic provides acupuncture for IVF support and pre / post natal care.
We believe that the most important time in determining good chances of conceiving is the three to four months prior to conception. The reason for this is because women’s follicles are recruited over a period of between 3 to 6 months before being chosen for ovulation. For this reason we believe in a treatment period of at least three months in order to regulate the menstrual cycle, balance hormones and optimize egg quality.
||A recent German study found that using acupuncture with IVF achieved a 42% clinical pregnancy rate in the test group, compared to 26% in the control group that did not receive acupuncture. The study involved using acupuncture for only one day shortly before and after embryo transfer.
It is likely that this rate can be further increased to around 60% by using Chinese medicine treatments both during the preparation period for IVF and throughout the IVF procedure.
The success rate of IVF can be improved in the following ways
1. Improvement of ovarian function producing better quality eggs
2. Production of a larger number of follicles through hormonal regulation
3. Decrease in the stress of patients
4. Increased uterine blood flow and increased thickness of uterine lining
5. Alleviate and decrease the side effects of drugs used in IVF
6. Prevent the uterus from contracting
7. Boost the immune system
8. Improve sperm counts and motility
9. Decrease the chances of miscarriage
For additional information on infertility click here